29 Apr 2013
Outdoor green wall for cooling down the area, saving the cost of air-conditioning system.
L’hotel élan is pleased to announce the Hotel is awarded ISO 14001:2004 certification for Environmental Management System (EMS). Awarded by BSI Management Systems, one of the world’s leading certification bodies, L’hotel élan has achieved the International Organization for Standardization ISO 14001:2004, an international standard that specifies a process for controlling and improving a company's environmental performance.
Ms. Sylvia Chung, General Manager of L’hotel élan said, “We are more than proud to have been awarded by BSI Management Systems. L’hotel élan, the second hotel in L’hotel Group to be awarded the certificate, aims to provide total guest experience in a green way to modern business and leisure travelers and we hope to set benchmark in quality, innovation and service and corporate social responsibilities for hotels around the globe. The award is encouraging and I believe that there’s a cleaner and greener times lies ahead. As always, we will try our best to strive for the top notch services in a eco-friendly style possible”
To improve and monitor our environmental performance, our team has put much effort in the implementation of ISO14001 in order to better manage the Hotel in energy saving, water consumption and waste reduction.
Some of our commitment to environmental protection
In the Hotel:
- Heat pump transfers heat energy to water heating system, on the other hand supplying cooling to chilled water side in the air-conditioning system, which can save energy effectively.
- Environmental refrigerant is used in air-conditioners and refrigerators to protect the ozone layer.
- Instead of halogen spotlights which consume more energy and emit more heat to the environment, LED lightings are installed in all guestrooms which can greatly reduce energy consumption.
- Water flow restrictors in faucets and showerheads, dual flush in flushing water tank are installed to reduce water consumption.
- The use of natural lights in forte and twist can reduce the use of electricity.
- Outdoor green wall in the Terrace can cool down the area, minimizing the use of electricity for air-conditioning system.
- By displaying promotional material of Hong Kong Global Geopark of China in the hotel to arouse awareness of public to better appreciate the beauty of natural landscape.
- By displaying hotel information using eKiosk, eSignages, eMenu and eGuest system, the use of paper is reduced to a large extent.
- Every guestrooms are installed with waste sorting rubbish bin, the Hotel has also been practicing waste sorting and recycling, including paper, plastic, aluminum and glass;
- Used cooking oil is regularly collected by licensed company for recycling to bio-diesel.
In the office:
- Idle lightings and air-conditioners are turned off during non-office hours and in non-working area to further reduce energy consumption.
- Computers, printers and photocopiers are also switched off during lunch and after office hours.
- Printing on both sides of the paper to reduce the use of paper in office.
With all the mentioned procedures, we are able to reduce electricity and CO2 emissions effectively and as a result, reduce our total operating expenses. The most important of all, being a socially responsible corporation, L’hotel élan has successfully drawn public awareness of the importance of environmental protection by sharing our visions and missions to our prestigious guests, working partners, peers and suppliers.